M, b. 12 April 1856, d. 17 December 1932
- Hunter Family
William M. Layne was born on 12 April 1856 at Tennessee.3,4 He was the son of Charles Layne and Elizabeth Oyler.5 He married Cynthia Ann Hunter, daughter of Andrew Jackson Hunter and Kizziah L. Wilkey, on 13 September 1887 at Jasper, Marion County, Tennessee; G.W. Alley, JP performed the service.1,6 He died on 17 December 1932 at South Pittsburg, Marion County, Tennessee, at age 76.4 He was buried after 17 December 1932 at Marion County, Tennessee.7
Children of William M. Layne and Cynthia Ann Hunter
- James Andrew Layne+3 b. 19 Jun 1889, d. 26 Jul 1945
- Rosa Edith Layne+8 b. Jul 1892
- Mary Mable Layne+8 b. Jul 1893
- Charles R. Layne8 b. Jul 1897
- Patrick Martin Layne Sr.+9 b. 28 Jan 1902, d. 15 Apr 1951
- Walter Scott Layne+9 b. 23 Jun 1906, d. Aug 1967
- Thomas Franklin Layne9 b. 29 Jan 1910, d. 1 Sep 1991
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, Tennessee State Marriages 1780-2002, "Pg. 72, Record of Marriages Marion County, Tenn".
- [S78] Fold3.com, online http://www.fold3.com, US Census 1930, District 4, Marion County, Tennessee, Pg. 5A.
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, US Census 1900, District 11, Marion County, Tennessee, Pg. 7A.
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, William Logne, Tennessee State Library and Archives; Nashville, Tennessee; Tennessee Death Records, 1908-1959; Roll #: 11, accessed 2 Oct 2012.
- [S189] 1860 U.S. Census, District 3, Marion, Tennessee; Roll: M653_1263; Page: 239; Image: 482; Family History Library Film: 805263, accessed 3 Oct 2012, Ancestry.com.
- [S28] Family Search, online http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp, Tennessee Marriages, 1796-1950.
- [S79] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com, William M Layne, Lasater Cemetery, Marion County, Tennessee, Created by: KayT, Record added: Mar 12, 2009, Memorial# 34729097, accessed, 8 Nov 2012 (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi).
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, US Census 1900, District 11, Marion County, Tennessee, Pg. 7B.
- [S180] 1910 U.S. Census, Civil District 4, Marion, Tennessee; Roll: T624_1512; Page: 11A; Enumeration District: 0125; Image: 176; FHL microfilm: 1375525; Ancestry.com, accessed 2 Oct 2012.
Martha Delilah Layton1
F, b. circa 1872, d. circa 1932
Martha Delilah Layton also went by the name of Dillie or Mattie.2 She was born circa 1872 at North Carolina.1,2 She married Felix Andrew Musgrove, son of Alexander N. Musgrove and Martha Lucretia Jane Ham, before 1892 at USA.1 She died circa 1932 at Texas.2
Children of Martha Delilah Layton and Felix Andrew Musgrove
- [S165] TXGenWeb Wise County, online http://www.wisecountytexas.info/genweb/, Felix Andrew Musgrove, Index of Wise County birth records, 1860's - 1930's, Fathers last name begins with M - Q, accessed 22 Feb 2012 (http://www.wisecountytexas.info/births/BC-M-Q.htm).
- [S165] TXGenWeb Wise County, online http://www.wisecountytexas.info/genweb/, Musgrove, Dillie, Headstone Pictures and Information for all Wise County Cemeteries, Last Names That Start With "M", accessed 26 Feb 2012 (http://www.wisecountytexas.info/cemeteries/m.htm).
- [S165] TXGenWeb Wise County, online http://www.wisecountytexas.info/genweb/, Musgrove, Lela May, Headstone Pictures and Information for all Wise County Cemeteries, Last Names That Start With "M", accessed 26 Feb 2012 (http://www.wisecountytexas.info/cemeteries/m.htm).
M, b. circa 1691
Richard Leake was born circa 1691 at Henrico County, Virginia. He married Elizabeth Unknown circa 1712 at Virginia.
F, b. circa 1727, d. before June 1762
Unknown Leake was born circa 1727 at Lunenburg County, Virginia. She was the daughter of Richard Leake and Elizabeth Unknown. She married William Slaughter circa 1754 at Virginia. She died before June 1762 at Lunenburg County, Virginia.
Terry Leath married Donna Jean Bow, daughter of Albert Maurice Bow and Guadalupe Sylvia Aleman, on 7 June 1975 at Marion County, Indiana.1,2
F, b. 8 January 1808, d. 31 July 1882
- Milliken Family
Nancy Leaton was born on 8 January 1808 at Kentucky.1,2,3 She was the daughter of William Leaton.1 She married William West Milliken, son of James Milliken and Elise A. West, after 1820.1 She died on 31 July 1882 at Kentucky at age 74.1,2,3 She was buried after 31 July 1882 at Simpson County, Kentucky; Headstone inscription: Wife of Wm W Milliken.2
Children of Nancy Leaton and William West Milliken
- Susan Elizabeth Milliken4 b. 27 Feb 1831, d. 6 Jul 1853
- Lucy Jane Milliken5 b. b 1832
- Elcy Louisa Milliken5 b. c 1835
- Dr. John Robert Milliken+1 b. 27 Aug 1836, d. 20 Jul 1891
- George Milliken5 b. a 1837, d. c 1838
- Harbison Milliken5 b. a 1839, d. c 1840
- James Meachum Milliken5 b. 11 Apr 1839, d. 12 Aug 1861
- [S153] Simpson County Historical Society, Simpson County Families, "Milliken-Neely", Pg. 378.
- [S79] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com, Nancy Milliken, Milliken Cemetery SW 10, Simpson County, Kentucky, Created by: Betty Chisholm, Record added: Sep 04, 2009, Find A Grave Memorial# 41543871, accessed 26 Aug 2012 (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi).
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, William West Milliken, "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina", Pg. 492.
- [S29] RootsWeb, online http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/, S.E. Millikin, Simpson County Death Records, 1853, accessed 7 Oct 2011 (http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/…).
- [S153] Simpson County Historical Society, Simpson County Families, "Milliken-Leaton", Pg. 377.