M, b. 20 September 1815, d. 18 November 1861
John Milliken was born on 20 September 1815 at Orange County, North Carolina.1,2 He was the son of William Milliken and Nancy Ramsey.1,3 He married Harriet Louisa Hord circa 1839 at USA.2,1 He began military service in 1860 with the Confederate Army as a battalion major.4 He was postmaster on 28 July 1860 at Paducah, McCracken County, Kentucky.5 He was assassinated on 18 November 1861 at Mayfield, Graves County, Kentucky, at age 46, by a political enemy.1,4
Children of John Milliken and Harriet Louisa Hord
- [S28] Family Search, online http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp, 1850 CensusPaducah, KY, Division 1.
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, Pg.488 "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina."
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, Pg.488-489 "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina."
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, Pg.489 "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina."
- [S78] Fold3.com, online http://www.fold3.com, 1860 US Census of District 2, Paducah, McCracken County, Kentucky, pg 117.
- [S28] Family Search, online http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp, 1850 Census Paducah, KY, Division 1.
Rev. John Milliken1
M, b. after 1807, d. after 1834
Rev. John Milliken was born after 1807 at Simpson County, Kentucky. He was the son of James Milliken and Elise A. West. He was buried after 1834 at Simpson County, Kentucky.1 He died after 1834 at Kentucky.
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, Rev. John Milliken, "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina", Pg. 492.
John B. Milliken1
M, b. 8 December 1893
John B. Milliken was born on 8 December 1893 at Chatham County, North Carolina.2 He was the son of Honorable John Rowe Milliken and Annie B. Fearrington.2 He married Joyce W. Edwards, daughter of J.D. Edwards and Dena Unknown, on 21 November 1926 at Siler City, Chatham County, North Carolina.3
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, Pg.497.
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, Pg.497 "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina."
- [S28] Family Search, online http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp, North Carolina Marriages 1759-1979.
John Barnes Milliken1
M, b. 10 December 1893, d. 2 May 1981
John Barnes Milliken was born on 10 December 1893 at Lewisville, Denton County, Texas.2 He was the son of William Dickerson Milliken Sr. and Margaret Crockett Young. He was educated between 1911 and 1915 at Georgetown, Williamson County, Texas. He married Juliette Dandridge King circa 1921.3 He married Maybelle M. Coburn after 1931.1 He died on 2 May 1981 at California at age 87.
Children of John Barnes Milliken and Juliette Dandridge King
John Beard Milliken1
M, b. 29 June 1850, d. 11 October 1929
John Beard Milliken was born on 29 June 1850 at Tennessee.1,2,3 He was the son of Elias Milliken and Sarah Ann Redding.1 He married Annie E. Grizzard, daughter of Louis Grizzard, on 8 November 1874.1 He died on 11 October 1929 at Indian Mound, Stewart County, Tennessee, at age 79.3 He was buried after 11 October 1929 at Stewart County, Tennessee.
Children of John Beard Milliken and Annie E. Grizzard
- [S86] Rev. Gideon Tibbitts Ridlon Sr., History of the Families Millingas, Pg.508 "Millikens of Orange Co., No. Carolina."
- [S35] Tennessee GenWeb, online http://www.tngenweb.org/, 1910 Census of Stewart County (http://www.tngenweb.org/stewart/1910cens.rtf).
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, JB Milliken, Tennessee State Board of Health Death Certificate, accessed 26 Feb 2012.
- [S18] Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/, 1880 US Census, Cheatham County, TN, Dist. 14, ED 29, Pg 45, accessed 26 Feb 2012.
- [S35] Tennessee GenWeb, online http://www.tngenweb.org/, 1900 Census of Stewart County (http://www.tngenweb.org/stewart/1900cens.rtf).
- [S90] Stewart-Houston Times, Obituary Notice, Tuesday, 29 Oct 1974, Pg. A-2.
John C. Milliken1
M, b. 1820, d. 1868
John C. Milliken was born in 1820 at Kentucky. He was the son of Leonard Hugh Milliken and Mary Copeland. He married Nancy Malinda Ellis on 9 December 1847. He appeared on the census of 27 November 1850 at Houston County, Texas; with his wife Nancy and daughter Frances.2 He died in 1868.1
Children of John C. Milliken and Nancy Malinda Ellis
John Calvin Pollock Milliken1
M, b. 3 July 1863, d. 9 July 1863
John Calvin Pollock Milliken was born on 3 July 1863 at Tennessee.1,2 He was the son of William Harbeson Milliken and Louisa Jane Pollock.1 He died on 9 July 1863 at Tennessee.1,2
- [S102] Lewis County Historical Society, Lewis County, Tennessee, Pg. 170.
- [S103] TNGenWeb Lewis County, online http://www.tngenweb.org/lewis/, Bible of James Turner Milliken, Transcribed by: Cheryl Zelek, 26 Apr 2000, Accessed: 11 Oct 2013 (http://www.tngenweb.org/lewis/pollock_milliken_bible.htm).
John Cary Milliken1
John Cary Milliken married Elizabeth Weber Novak at St. Helena, Napa County, California.1 He is the son of John Harbison Milliken Jr. and Judith Ann Welsh.1
- [S153] Simpson County Historical Society, Simpson County Families, Milliken-Welsh, Pg. 379.
John Downey Milliken1
M, b. 1867, d. 1892
John Downey Milliken was born in 1867.1 He was the son of L. Hiram Milliken and Elizabeth Owings Burns.1 He died in 1892.1
- [S79] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com, Elizabeth Owings "Betsey" Burns Milliken, Burial: Cave Hill Cemetery, Louisville, Jefferson County,
Kentucky, USA, Plot: Sec A, Lot 443, Created by: David L Gray, Record added: Mar 30, 2014 , Memorial# 76955827, Accessed: 26 Nov 2015 (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi).